fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Distributors

To: Robert <robertlangtr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Distributors
From: Jason Sukey <jsukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 13:22:59 -0400
Cc: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>

--047d7b1118fb22c79105330cfe1a

Bob,
I've been having good luck with the usb tune version of the 123 dizzy.  Had
a little teething trouble with the suggested Bosch blue coil that was
solved going to the hotter red coil.  No problems with the rotor or cap.

Jason
On May 17, 2016 1:17 PM, "Robert Lang" <robertlangtr6@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After playing around with one of my cars for hours, I was able to nail
> down one of the existing problems to the Lucas distributor. I installed one
> of my Mallory dizzys, problem solved. Unfortunately, MDS now owns Mallory
> and they seem to have let all the import car parts lines to die. I've been
> poking around looking for replacements and at this time it seems like 123
> and Pertonix are the only options. I'm not sure I like either because it
> looks like the caps and rotors are close to Lucas (which is part of my
> concern) and it also looks like expensive.
>
> In any case, I'm looking for whether 123 better than Pertonix and whether
> its worth trying to rebuild one of the box full of Lucas units that I have
> via Advanced Distributors or not.
>
> Any feedback is welcome, but I don't want to switch to crank-triggered
> ignition, thankyou.
>
> C ya,
> Bob Lang
> 339-927-4489

--047d7b1118fb22c79105330cfe1a

I&#39;ve been having good luck with the usb tune version of the 123 dizzy.=
=C2=A0 Had a little teething trouble with the suggested Bosch blue coil tha=
t was solved going to the hotter red coil.=C2=A0 No problems with the rotor=
 or cap.</p>
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:robertlangtr6@yahoo.com";>robertlangtr6@yahoo.com</a>=
&gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><di=
v style=3D"color:#000;background-color:#fff;font-family:HelveticaNeue,Helve=
tica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif;font-size:16px"><div>Hi,=
s, I was able to nail down one of the existing problems to the Lucas distri=
butor. I installed one of my Mallory dizzys, problem solved. Unfortunately,=
 MDS now owns Mallory and they seem to have let all the import car parts li=
nes to die. I&#39;ve been poking around looking for replacements and at thi=
s time it seems like 123 and Pertonix are the only options. I&#39;m not sur=
e I like either because it looks like the caps and rotors are close to Luca=
s (which is part of my concern) and it also looks like expensive.</div><div=
tter than Pertonix and whether its worth trying to rebuild one of the box f=
ull of Lucas units that I have via Advanced Distributors or not.</div><div =
39;t want to switch to crank-triggered ignition, thankyou.</div><div dir=3D=
_________________________________________<br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>