fot

Re: [Fot] Ignition System Preferences?

To: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>,<fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Ignition System Preferences?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 01:14:21 -0500
For my TR-4, I'm pretty sure I used Jeff at Advanced Distributors
http://advanceddistributors.mybisi.com/products/distributors

After discussion with him, he built a Lucas
distributor package that used points and a Bosch
blue coil.  He's very specific about the parts
used, and while the spark isn't as accurate as
the crankfire setup I replaced, I'm extremely
happy with it.  Got a spare points plate so it's
a quick swap if I have an issue.  Runs to 7k rpm
just fine (although I generally shift sooner than that).

Regards, Tony Drews