fot

Re: [Fot] Road America; The results are in!

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com> a=RRjQTCoA71g3fdVLRcO5DA==:117 a=RRjQTCoA71g3fdVLRcO5DA==:17 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=b4TgfONAAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=JcvzPq48AAAA:8 a=ayC55rCoAAAA:8 a=oKQNZHxkqucWd-Eh1V4A:9 a=QDDr8B9aw87kjlPC:21 a=lyLUS8cbko6v2dND:21 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=zdtUnOhAxJAf4MbA-fNX:22 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=583lFiaoEu_1o58ccHmG:22 a=B_RyunTPg8udlmYm5Cu2:22
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America; The results are in!
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:01:47 -0500
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Jason,

Thank you for your beautifully written in depth review of the weekend. A true
scribe you are!

I wanted to share the results of our weekend as it was the best racing weekend
I have had in 21 years. I finally had the opportunity to do the drive into town
for the Friday night race car concourse. As a spectator, it is a thrilling
event. As a participant, it is incredible. They estimated that there were
20,000 people lining the streets. We were honored with a â??First Reserveâ??
trophy in Class F for the Triumph.

On Saturday, we set a new best lap time of 2:45.2.

On Sunday, we placed first in class during the feature race.

The range of driving skill that is allowed to run this event became an issue
for me during the weekend. During a qualifying race on Saturday, a Porsche #80,
overcooked the brakes coming into 5, turned the car 180 degrees, and as he
entered the turn mid track RELEASED his brakes and went straight through the
turn at high speed. Fortunately, I saw the smoke from the braking in my left
mirror and decided to go straight rather than turning for the apex. The Porsche
flew by missing me by 6 feet. At the next run, i found him sideways in the Kink
with long skid marks leading to his stationary car. I would highly suggest a
driving school for this individual.

I want to thank Richard and Dan Gehweiler for making this weekend so
successful. It was truly a team effort which makes all the effort that much
more meaningful. And thanks Jason for helping us out with the hardware.

Best,

Allen

Jody & Allen Washatko
W51 N664 Highland Drive