fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire cylinder head - which is best?

To: Ashley Page <apage@prosystembrakes.com>, Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire cylinder head - which is best?
From: Aaron Johnson <hpspitfire@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 19:52:37 +0530
Cc: don@dcphotos.com, fot@autox.team.net
What I found with all spitfire heads is that you really have to look at each
one independently.  Some of the factory machining is really really bad.  All
the heads have about a .3"-.5" machined portion where they put a diameter for
the intake and the rectangle for the exhaust.  There is huge mismatch between
this and cast port on some which left a giant step.

I use the 1.44" valve heads only.

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone