fot

[Fot] High Torque Starters

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>, TR3/6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] High Torque Starters
From: Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2016 15:48:53 -0400
List
        Over the past 6 month's I have had 3 different Triumph's to have the 2
allen head bolts that hold the Adapter block to the starter motor to come
loose. The first was a friends TR3 starter and then the starter on my TR4 race
car and yesterday the starter on my street TR4. These are Allen head metric
bolts about 2 inches long. Is there an epidemic going around my area? Put these
back in with red loctite. Hope that does it. Getting fast at taking starters
out. Check and see if your's are loose before they fall out.

Dean T.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive