fot

[Fot] Stutter at 4K rpm

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Stutter at 4K rpm
From: D V <explore8@outlook.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 15:30:54 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Two races ago I went off track and bent my exhaust pipe enough to break the
welded joint near the muffler. In the interest of time, I cut the exhaust at
the muffler and secured the pipe to the frame.

At the last race, I noticed the car would backfire at deceleration which I am
not surprised but I also noticed a stutter around 4-5k rpm.

At NOLA this weekend it is more pronounced and comes in when shifting hard from
3rd to 4th. After 5k, it clears up and pulls normally.

It doesn't seem to be affected by turns and more related to full throttle vs
easing into the gas.

Backpressure from the loss of muffler or unrelated issues?

1300 spitfire with single Weber 40.

Sent from my iPhone
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com