fot

Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016

To: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:36:45 -0500
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-E3E5F352-F6E2-4D6D-84A6-FE97D76995CC
        charset=utf-8

Valid and interesting point of inquiry. This is a back up motor that came as=
 a spare when I bought my yellow car. It sat unused for some 20 years till I=
 put it in prior to my pervious race meeting; with nothing more than a very m=
inor curiosity check and clean up (as a poor man's experiment of necessity) I=
t is a pretty good old school build with stock everything on the bottom end,=
 a decked block and a some nice head work. I don't know anything about the c=
am and it was rather mild in comparison to some of my other motors. It only w=
anted to rev to about 7200. In this race it was maxed out most of the run at=
 7200 using 3rd and forth gear. For the 23 of 25 laps I completed in the 50 m=
ile race, my guess is it was barely ever bellow 6000 RPM's. With Tony houndi=
ng me or me hounding him it was being driven as hard as it would possibly go=
. I was flogging the shit out of the bugger and that's about all I know.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 6:27 PM, John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com> wrote:
>=20
> "Limit to a new level" =3D ________RPM?
>=20
> Sent from my iPhone
>=20
> On Oct 24, 2016, at 5:56 PM, "Jason Ostrowski" <jason@multivintage.com> wr=
ote:
>=20
>> Tony said it Man. We really had a great Triumph showing.
>> In the midst of our own awesome battle, we passed a bunch of cars by usin=
g an impressive drivers edge.
>> Smart race tact, allowed us to pass several faster cars by thinking about=
 when to make the right moves.
>> Passing and pulling away from that Camero took pushing the limit of my ca=
r to a new level.
>> And caused the damn thing to overheat.
>> Pulling out on the last couple laps was a tough decision. But with water s=
oaking my feet and temp up at 250 it was the right choice.
>> This was one of my best races ever and handing the trophy over to my pal T=
ony was ok by me.
>> Great race Tony..
>> We showed even the muscle car crowd that you just don't mess us Triumphs!=

>> =20
>> Jason Ostrowski
>> Friendly Ghost Racing
>> 1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars
>>=20
>>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
>>> Race report:
>>> Awesome weekend.  Wine and Cheese in the Drews / Dentinger garage was we=
ll attended and went on after Drews departed.  I'm told the bonfire was pret=
ty epic, some seem to have hazy memory of it.
>>> Of the Triumph contingent, only Drews and Alex Amys made it the whole we=
ekend.   Congrat's Alex, you looked great out there  Jason ALMOST made it bu=
t retired 2 laps from the end of the last 25 lap race with overheating.  Bot=
h Jason and Shawn Alexander beat me in the 1st 25 lapper (I chased Shawn all=
 the way but couldn't quite get close enough).  Shawn was pushing out water a=
nd decided that running the 2nd race would be a bad idea if he had a head ga=
sket going.  I concur but would have liked to have him out there.  In the 2n=
d race I ended up first holding off Jason (who had to slow for a spinning 24=
0 Z and I opportunistically passed him) then trying very hard (and semi-succ=
essfully) to keep up with him, then trying to keep up with a Camaro SS that J=
ason passed.  I hounded the Camaro, he eventually bailed and as I was closin=
g back in on Jason with 3 to go he pulled off.  Still, all of the triumphs d=
rove onto the trailers, a good time was had by all.
>>> Jason's daughter did pull off the 3peat in the big wheel race - those ar=
e the highlight of the weekend.
>>>=20
>>> Tony Drews
>>>=20
r blow about this time of year.
f cars that also think their Marque is the greatest production car of its ti=
me.

) is=C3=82 somewhat low=C3=82 on=C3=82 the open book end...
d newcomer Alex Amys (GT6+) are entered.
FP racing the 50 lapper.
=82 going trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big wheel ra=
ce.
or in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real lo=
oker of a GT6.
op notch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82
 in the ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...
e Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.
ood and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=C3=82=
 melting shit).
h of Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation t=
o paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn 2=
) if you dare.
m central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=82=
 epic campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.
law.com
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission has been sent by=
 a law firm on a legal matter. It may contain information that is confidenti=
al, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If=
 you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are no=
t authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any p=
art of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, p=
lease delete this message and any attachments from your system without readi=
ng the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmis=
sion. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, i=
ncluding the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communicatio=
n. Thank you for your cooperation. 11 U.S.C. 528(a)(4) NOTICE. We are a debt=
 relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the federal B=
ankruptcy Code.

[...]

ckquote type=3D"cite"><div>

">

Sent from my iPhone</div>
On Oct 24, 2016, at 5:56 PM, "Jason Ostrowski" &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jason@m=
ultivintage.com">jason@multivintage.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
by using an impressive drivers edge.</div>
g about when to make the right moves.</div>
f my car to a new level.
r soaking my feet and temp up at 250 it was the right choice.</div>
l Tony was ok by me.</div>
s!</div>
 dir=3D"ltr">
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony@tonydrews.com"; target=3D"_blank">tony@tonydrews.c=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Race report:<br>
Awesome weekend.&nbsp; Wine and Cheese in the Drews / Dentinger garage was w=
ell attended and went on after Drews departed.&nbsp; I'm told the bonfire wa=
s pretty epic, some seem to have hazy memory of it.<br>
Of the Triumph contingent, only Drews and Alex Amys made it the whole weeken=
d.&nbsp; &nbsp;Congrat's Alex, you looked great out there&nbsp; Jason ALMOST=
 made it but retired 2 laps from the end of the last 25 lap race with overhe=
ating.&nbsp; Both Jason and Shawn Alexander beat
 me in the 1st 25 lapper (I chased Shawn all the way but couldn't quite get c=
lose enough).&nbsp; Shawn was pushing out water and decided that running the=
 2nd race would be a bad idea if he had a head gasket going.&nbsp; I concur b=
ut would have liked to have him out there.&nbsp;
 In the 2nd race I ended up first holding off Jason (who had to slow for a s=
pinning 240 Z and I opportunistically passed him) then trying very hard (and=
 semi-successfully) to keep up with him, then trying to keep up with a Camar=
o SS that Jason passed.&nbsp; I hounded
 the Camaro, he eventually bailed and as I was closing back in on Jason with=
 3 to go he pulled off.&nbsp; Still, all of the triumphs drove onto the trai=
lers, a good time was had by all.<br>
Jason's daughter did pull off the 3peat in the big wheel race - those are th=
e highlight of the weekend.<span><br>
Tony Drews<br>
At 01:25 AM 10/21/2016, Jason Ostrowski wrote:<br>
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ir blow about this time of year.<br>
We have one last chance to prove our Triumph worthiness among a field of car=
s that also think their Marque is the greatest production car of its time.<b=
r>
 defeat.<br>
The 46th running should tell a Triumph tale of=C3=82 our region.<br>
al) is=C3=82 somewhat low=C3=82 on=C3=82 the open book end...<br>
For the vintage race, only Sean=C3=82 Alexander (TR4), myself (GT6+) and new=
comer Alex Amys (GT6+) are entered.<br>
And my bet is already on my faithful=C3=82 teammate Brian Garcia in his 1967=
 Plymouth Baracuda .<br>
Then there is Glade Snodgrass racing his hit or miss=C3=82 Spitfire in FP ra=
cing the 50 lapper.<span><br>
Scott Barr will be out in his Spec Racer Ford.<br>
r>
but Rumor has it that=C3=82 another=C3=82 big man won't be a no show.<span><=
br>
Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.<br>
=C3=82 going trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big wheel=
 race.<span><br>
I suppose its anyone's game.<br>
otor in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real l=
ooker of a GT6.<br>
Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C3=82 treat to see=
 his fresh GT6.<br>
He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so=C3=82 far,<br>
Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is top n=
otch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82<span><br>
I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.<br>
As for Sean, I'm not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it's bones to tak=
e the top.<br>
ne in the ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...<span><br>=

It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.<br>=

Beacause=3D<br>
A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a "3 peat" win in the big wheel ra=
ce.<br>
B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.<br>
C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.<br>
D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to "White Light" burn on the Fri=
endly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.<br>
f wood and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=C3=
=82 melting shit).<span><br>
E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could explod=
e at any minute.<br>
F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his next G=
asket Innovation.<br>
y a bunch of Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an inv=
itation to paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods b=
y turn 2) if you dare.<br>
H) We party and burn stuff on=C3=82 Saturday... and=C3=82 Race on Sunday.<br=

pan><br>
X) Yep, this is the big one.<br>
 pm central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=
=82 epic campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.<br>
Godspeed.<br>
Jason Ostrowski<span><br>
Friendly Ghost Racing=C3=82<br>
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars<br>