fot

Re: [Fot] Fidanza Flywheels

To: "'William T newman '" <mnewman@embarqmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fidanza Flywheels
From: "Spitfire Racing" <spitfire_racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 02:47:32 -0500
I tried one a couple of years ago and at least for what they sold as a
Spitfire piece was totally poorly designed and would not work in the
application. I even spoke with their "design engineer" and sent them
pictures of the problems with dimensions. Ultimately the flywheels went back
to them. It sounds like they never corrected the errors.
So in response to your question, mine was a very negative experience. What
they were selling as a Spitfire flywheel neither worked with a 1296 nor a
1500.
Thankfully I still have a couple of NOS Tilton flywheels on a shelf.
>From what I have heard, Joe Siam at Checkered Flag on the left coast has a
quality piece.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49