fot

[Fot] ARP head stud question - Spitfire 1296cc

Subject: [Fot] ARP head stud question - Spitfire 1296cc
From: don at dcphotos.com (don at dcphotos.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 16:44:22 -0600
Greetings,
The ARP studs I have, have 3/4? of thread on the side that goes in the block.
(Actually, 3/4? on both sides)
The factory studs I have, have 9/16? of thread on the side that goes in the
block, this is the end with the groove cut in the threads to prevent hydraulic
lock. (and 3/4 on the other end)
The overall length of both are the same.

When I thread the ARP stud into the block, because of the longer threaded end,
it goes deeper into the block.
This prevents me from putting the washer and nut on and still have thread come
thru the nut.

Should I simply back the ARP stud out 3/16? so it stands the height as a
factory stud would?

This is the second set of ARP studs that I have tried with the same issue.
The first time was a bout a year ago and I got them from APT FAST
which I returned and just used the factory studs.
This time, I got the kit from Ted at TSI. Not bashing them just simply stating
where I got them from. IOWs, from two different reputable businesses.

I cannot be the only one having this issue. (can I?)

Thanks,
 Don

DON COUCH PHOTOGRAPHY
(512)-680-3540