fot

[Healeys] BN6 Tyres

Subject: [Healeys] BN6 Tyres
From: nmcd10 at gmail.com (Neil McDonald)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 12:53:54 +0000
Discovered this very interesting picture from the Longstone Tyres (UK) website
illustrating different Healey tyre options.  The middle tyre with a white label
is the original 590/15 and the two on the right hand end are the very common
165/15 radial replacements which Moss Motors recommends and are as currently
fitted to my car.

Longstone recommends the Michelin XAS 180HR15 pictured on the immediate right
of the 590/15 - apparently for all big Healeys. Note the different diameters!

In view of ground clearance concerns it seems to me that 180/15 is the way to
go. However checking these same tyres on the Coker (US) website, they say that
they are intended for 5-6.5 inch rims..... but the BN6 only has 4" rims!

Should I be concerned at this apparent Longstone-Coker-Moss conflict?