fot

[Healeys] Emergency Brake Handle

Subject: [Healeys] Emergency Brake Handle
From: michael.salter at gmail.com (michael.salter at gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 01:09:13 +0000 (UTC)

Mike that pin is pretty thin.

Rather than marring the button I would think that you could grip the rod and
tap on the underside of the button to shear the pin and get the knob off.

Getting the sections of the shorn off pin should then be easy.

Michael S

BN1 #174

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 8:03 PM -0500, "Michael MacLean" <rrengineer.mike at
att.net> wrote:

I am trying to take my BN2 emergency brake handle apart for chrome plating.?
The only problem I am having is the push button on the end of the actuating
rod.? I see a pin holding it in place and I am having a bit*h of a time driving
the pin out.? Is the pin tapered?? Does it only drive out one way or could it
just be corroded in place?? The button rocks back and forth so it is not stick
where it passes through the actuating rod.? I am ready to just clamp it in the
vice and just start whacking away with the hammer and punch.? Heat help?Mike
MacLean