fot

[Healeys] Healey phase 2 rear end serial number range

Subject: [Healeys] Healey phase 2 rear end serial number range
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8Healeys)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:10:45 -0400
Wayne, I'm surprised you didn't check with the BJ8 Registry first.  The BMIHT
certificates sometimes give the rear axle number, but there are apparently long
strings of cars in their records  for which no rear axle number was recorded
and are therefore not on the certificate.  And you are correct that some axle
housings apparently have no serial number (mine doesn't).

The BJ8 Registry now has data, records, and ownership history for almost
exactly 50% of the total BJ8 production (8,853 of 17,712), including copies of
certificates for 935 chassis numbers (plus BMIHT data for several thousand more
for which no certificate  is available).   There are 1,247 rear axle numbers
identified to the chassis number currently in the registry.  Rear axle numbers
for very early BJ8s were generally much higher than later ones and could vary
widely in sequence with the chassis number (e.g., chassis 25317 had rear axle
23564, chassis 25507 had rear axle 28736;  but chassis 26898 had rear axle
505).  Later cars seem to have a more reliable pattern to the numbers.

What are the serial numbers you are interested in?

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry

AHCA Delegate at Large