fot

[Fot] TR6 brake pads-racecar

Subject: [Fot] TR6 brake pads-racecar
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (davehogye)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 04:40:50 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Walt,
I'm using Carbotech XP8 on my TR3. Some guys are using the XP6. The techs at
Carbotech are very helpful with choosing what might work best for you.
I used the Hawk Blue pads for my first two events. They have very good bite.
I'm thinking of pulling them off the shelf and trying them again.
The Hawks make a lot of dust and I found them very hard on the solid rotors
with much grooving wear. The pads and rotors wore heavily in my first two
outings. They do have very good bite though.
The Carbotechs and rotors are still looking very good and evenly worn. The
rotors have no grooves and after 8 events (weekends) they still have a lot of
life in them. Maybe I'm too easy on them.

Dave