fot

[Fot] Figure 8 gasket thickness

Subject: [Fot] Figure 8 gasket thickness
From: gasket.works at gte.net (Mordy Dunst)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 20:28:23 -0400
The entire fig of eight gasket concept is so wrong.

Who would have designed such an arcane system.

I measure each liner independently UNDER LOAD and they do compress - similar to
rod bolt stretch.

Any rate you measure the sleeve base to top and compare that to the measurement
of the internal block sleeve perch to the deck.  Add .005" to that block
measurement subtract the sleeve measurement.  That's the thickness for the base
gasket for that sleeve. The sleeve next door might be different.  It is not an
issue for stock oem type compressible gaskets but critical for solid type metal
gaskets.

Sleeves compress .001" @ 100 ft lbs torque on them.

If you email me separately I can share photo.

MDunst Headgasket.com 626.358.1616
Fax 626.628.3777
Triple R Munitions, Inc 626.201.9471
T FFL 6,7 SOT 2