fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup 2018 open for registration

Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2018 open for registration
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 10:14:07 -0500
this event is and has been open for registration for a while.   go to
http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/   and you will see a registration link.  Some
portion of it has to be done the old fashioned way with paper and mail.

On Oct 28, 2017, at 3:16 PM, James J Dolan via Fot <fot at autox.team.net>
wrote:

Dear Friends of Triumph (and all who race and keep alive these glorious
machines):

The 2018 running of the 16th Kastner Cup will be held in conjunction with the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July 6 - 7 ? 8, 2018.

The Track
Our track this year is the Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PittRace) in
Wampum Pennsylvania, located about 40 miles northwest of Pittsburgh.
www.pittrace.com <http://www.pittrace.com/>  PittRace is a tremendous track and
facility. Boasting 2.8 miles of length, 19 turns, WIDTH (36 feet), and
elevation change (110 feet). The track is fast and challenging yet forgiving
with lots of runoff. Wind it out on two long straights. Fix it in the paved
paddocks & clean garages. Stay fresh with the clean & air-conditioned
facilities. We be running the full circuit (combined north & south tracks) all
weekend.  The track was completely resurfaced last year (with terrific curbing)
and is an excellent racing surface. Here is an instructional video narrated by
the track instructor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3o-J6gcdnM
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3o-J6gcdnM>

The PVGP Historics Race Schedule
Thursday July 5 is Test & Tune day.  If you?re new to the track, make this a
priority!
Friday July 6th ? 8:30 to 5:30 Practice and Qualifying
Saturday July 7th  - 8:30 to 4:00 Qualifying Races - 4:00 pm 16th Kastner Cup -
5:00 pm Kastner Cup Awards - 6:00 pm PVGP dinner
Sunday July 8th ? 8:30 to 5:30 Sprint Races & Feature Races
**Triumphs will race in their assigned groups all weekend and then in a 40
minute session to finish the Saturday afternoon schedule.**
http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/pvgp-historic-races/schedule/
<http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/pvgp-historic-races/schedule/>

Paddock
We will have a Kastner Cup tent on grass adjacent to our paved paddock reserved
for the Kastner Cup.

Webpage
In the next few weeks we will have a web page on the PVGP site for the Kastner
Cup entrants, providing updates on important information, entry forms, hotel
information.http://www.pvgp.org/kastner-cup/ <http://www.pvgp.org/kastner-cup/>

Entry Form
We will soon have up a special web page entry form and ShowClix link for
Kastner Cup Triumphs that includes details on both weekends. Details for this
are almost complete - working on the final hotel arrangements.

This year?s event is set up to give Kastner Cup entrants the option to run both
race weekends. We have arranged for storage of race car trailers at the
PittRace facility for those who enter to run both weekends. Leave your trailer
at PittRace on July 8th and return Friday July 13th to race Schenley Park on
the second weekend.  As a bonus, Kastner Cup entries have been offered a
complimentary entry fee for the Axis vs Allies race at Schenley Park for
Triumphs that race both weekends. The Axis vs Allies is a 30-minute feature
race run Saturday afternoon between the mighty British cars and the combined
German and Italian racers.  http://www.pvgp.org/facts/
<http://www.pvgp.org/facts/>

About the PVGP
Begun in 1983, the PVGP is a 35 year old vintage racing event that covers two
whole weeks of action. The first weekend is at Pitt International Race Complex
- our home for the 2018 Kastner Cup event.
The second weekend is racing on the streets of Schenley Park, a city park
adjacent to the Carnegie Mellon and University of Pittsburgh campuses.  Between
the race weekends there are numerous car shows, road rally, a Jet Center party
and more. PVGP is a 100% volunteer event with 2,000 volunteers and the event
proceeds support Autism charities in Western Pennsylvania.

Schenley Park Race
Schenley Park is a true street race - with curbs, street lights, brick walls,
crowned roads and manhole covers. (this link is some GT6 laps of Schenley Park)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIJLmxSMbc
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIJLmxSMbc>.  Schenley Park is racing as it
was in the 1950?s and early 60?s. The race is through city streets and a golf
course, with over 3,000 vintage cars displayed on the golf course and an
estimated 200,000 spectators over the weekend.  The Streets of Schenley Park is
a bucket list item for its uniqueness and setting.

This second weekend is optional and not a part of the Kastner Cup race. On the
web site you will see there are two distinct race weekends. The Kastner Cup is
part of the PVGP Historics weekend. The PVGP runs for the entire 10 day period,
wrapped by two race weekend. http://www.pvgp.org/about-us/history/
<http://www.pvgp.org/about-us/history/>.

The PVGP web site is transitioning from the prior 2017 information to 2018
event information and should be complete by the first week of November. There
is a mountain of content and information on the PVGP site, lots of photos and
facts. We will use it as the primary communication device. Look for emails
alerting you to new information and a link to the relevant pages.

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghvintagegrandprix/collections/72157686969177600/)

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghvintagegrandprix/collections/72157686969177600/)>.

We think we have the elements of an exceptional event.
Please mark the dates. More to come!

2018 Kastner Cup Committee
Jim, Brian, Peter and Charlie Dolan
GT6 #4