fot

[Fot] The Kastner Cup event

Subject: [Fot] The Kastner Cup event
From: kaskastner at gmail.com (Kas Kastner)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 12:42:47 -0700
The weather tried to outlast us but failed as Saturday, Cup Day, turned out
terrific.  No Rain No Snow or tornados or other wild things or animals
interfering with great racing.

Sam Halkais entered my TR-6 from the olden days  showing off the Triumph
multi  blue & white colors from 1972. Sam had a hard time for a bit to fix
something not working in the inlet system. He did find and throw out the
gremlin just in time for the K Cup race and zapped off into the distance to
win the race overall.

The Kastner Cup though is not awarded to just the fastest Triumph.
Outstanding effort , preparation and service in the Vintage Triumph scene
are part of the boxes to be checked off. It was a very close call for the
winner of the Cup.

The GT-6 cars have been in a secret breeding mode as there were a ton of
them there and racing. After  24 minutes of high speed chase and pass  and
re-pass between Tony Drews TR-4, the GT-6 of Scott Jansen and the GT-6 of
Kastner Cup Chairmen for this race, Jim Dolan,  at the end Jim Dolan kept
it all together and squeezed out a clear victory for the class and to win
the Kastner Cup.

Congratulation to Jim Dolan for a great drive and very well prepared
GT-6 racer and indeed for all the care and effort he made for the 16th
Kastner Cup event.

Thanks to all the racers for bringing your great cars to this annual
event.  It was big fun for Peg and I and we hope to see a great number of
you next years 17th  Kastner Cup in May 2019 at  Buttonwillow Raceway in
California. Event Chairmen Ken Knight (a Kastner Cup winner) is working
hard right now to bring off our next annual Triumph event.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*