fot

[Fot] Kevin Potter

Subject: [Fot] Kevin Potter
From: paulricco at att.net (Paul Ricco)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 16:42:19 -0500
FOT,

I would like to acknowledge Kevin Potter?s engine building prowess and
contribution to our enjoyment of the TR4 that we race.

For those that do not know, we purchased Bob Wismer?s blue Triumph TR4.  We
have had a great time with the car and have truly enjoyed getting to know the
Triumph community.  Kevin Potter contributed greatly to our positive
experience.  He may not even realize how much we appreciate the platform that
he provided for us to get our start.  If that is the case, that is my fault for
not saying thank you sooner. I will keep this brief, but I would like to
recognize what Kevin Potter did for us.

Kevin Potter helped Bob Wismer and Bill Dentinger with engines and other
mechanical matters for their Triumphs.

Kevin built an engine for Bob to go with the TR4 that we purchased from Bob.
Bob really wanted the new owners of the car to start out with a solid and
reliable platform. Bob was very candid about the importance of the car being
sold with a well-built fresh engine.   Kevin Potter built an engine that has
delivered on Bob?s wishes.

We have maintained the engine very carefully and gone through the lower end 1
time since we got it.  We are in our FOURTH season with the motor that Kevin
built. We are running lap times below 3 minutes at Road America and and we can
consistently run laps under 1:29 at Blackhawk.  That engine is now going to be
completely rebuilt.  However, we have not suffered any major mechanical issues
with it and the head was installed so well that we have no issues with it in
the 4 seasons that we have run the car.

We have a lot of admiration for Bob Wismer and his vision for the new owners.
Furthermore, THNAK YOU to Kevin Potter for delivering on that vision by putting
together the motor that he did.

Sincerely,

Paul Ricco
Blue #4