fot

[Fot] Mid-Ohio...

Subject: [Fot] Mid-Ohio...
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (DAVE HOGYE)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 18:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
Glad you all shared memories and comments of this event.

Just a week or so ago, one of my fellow Triumph Travelers, Roger Evens, wrote
in a club news letter of attending that event.  He drove his black TR3A from
San Jose, CA and receive the award for the longest drive.  I think it was over
7,000 miles round trip.  He said the only problem was tach failure on the way
home.  He still has the car and drives it regularly.  He has also attended the
Laguna and Sonoma Kastner Cup race events.  He recently turned 80 and still a
true and hard core Triumph enthusiast.  The Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club
is the oldest continuous Triumph club in the states at 60 years.

I hope to race at Mid-Ohio some day.  I have attended a number of events there
as a spectator.

I also don't usually watch Indy races these days, but happened to catch the
first half hour of so of this one, totally by chance while looking for the
Nascar race.

Cheers,

Dave H.