fot

[Fot] Quartermaster Clutches

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Quartermaster Clutches
From: marty via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:46:39 +0000
Accept-language: en-US

--_000_MN2PR04MB612676F23F70EB0AB585EC59BA260MN2PR04MB6126namp_

Looking for some clutch help. I recently disassembled a quartermaster Pro 7=
.25 single disc clutch, not from my car. I have no experience with this sty=
le of clutch. Upon disassembly I observe that the flywheel insert, clutch d=
isc and pressure plate only have had contact on the outer 3/8 " diameter.  =
Upon further investigation the flywheel insert surface is flat. The clutch =
surface thickness is uniform but if I lay a straight edge across the face o=
f the Quartermaster pressure plate  it cups outward. My initial thought was=
 "bingo" this would cause the wear pattern I am observing. Must be somethin=
g out of whack with the pressure plate insert.  I contacted quartermaster a=
nd described what I saw and they were not much help other than "something m=
ust be warped". I was getting ready to order a replacement pressure plate i=
nsert but I stopped over to Jason's shop and saw that he was working on a c=
ar that also ran a quartermaster Pro 7.25 clutch but this was a double disc=
. I took it apart and all components had even wear across the faces as one =
would expect.  I layed a straight edge across the pressure plate out of thi=
s assembly expecting to see a flat contact surface and was surprised to see=
 the same cupped condition where the outer pressure plate surface would con=
tact the clutch disc first as the one at home. Now I am at a loss as to wha=
t would cause this improper wear pattern. Any experience with this?

Marty

--_000_MN2PR04MB612676F23F70EB0AB585EC59BA260MN2PR04MB6126namp_

<head>
1">
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
f; font-size: 12pt;">
 Pro 7.25 single disc clutch, not from my car. I have no experience with th=
is style of clutch. Upon disassembly I observe that the flywheel insert, cl=
utch disc and pressure plate only
 have had contact on the outer 3/8 &quot; diameter.&nbsp; Upon further inve=
stigation the flywheel insert surface is flat. The clutch surface thickness=
 is uniform but if I lay a straight edge across the face of the Quartermast=
er pressure plate&nbsp; it cups outward. My initial
 thought was &quot;bingo&quot; this would cause the wear pattern I am obser=
ving. Must be something out of whack with the pressure plate insert.&nbsp; =
I contacted quartermaster and described what I saw and they were not much h=
elp other than &quot;something must be warped&quot;. I was
 getting ready to order a replacement pressure plate insert but I stopped o=
ver to Jason's shop and saw that he was working on a car that also ran a qu=
artermaster Pro 7.25 clutch but this was a double disc. I took it apart and=
 all components had even wear across
 the faces as one would expect.&nbsp; I layed a straight edge across the pr=
essure plate out of this assembly expecting to see a flat contact surface a=
nd was surprised to see the same cupped condition where the outer pressure =
plate surface would contact the clutch
 disc first as the one at home. Now I am at a loss as to what would cause t=
his improper wear pattern. Any experience with this?</span></div>
f; font-size: 12pt;">
f; font-size: 12pt;">

--_000_MN2PR04MB612676F23F70EB0AB585EC59BA260MN2PR04MB6126namp_--

--===============2396198294341000237==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

--===============2396198294341000237==--