Re: Tranny's out!

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tranny's out!
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:42:42 EDT
Scott,
Good to hear you finally got it out.  Is it really worth having to pull it
again to save what has been a problem clutch?  You say everything looks fine
but
are having problems. While the problems could still be hydraulic or
mechanical as has been suggested, while the trans is out, replace the clutch
assembly
and pilot bearing.  Someone mentioned that and that has been a recommendation
as long as I have been playing with cars, 40+ years.  Just a suggestion.  If
you have all NEW parts inside, you know they are good.  I think someone also
mentioned bad hydraulic hoses too.  Not a bad time to replace those while you
are at it.

By the way, started cleaning out my garage yesterday to put my car in and
start resurrecting her.  Got a visible hole and at least I will be able to get
my
son's car far enough in I can work on the belts (alt and AC) in the SHADE!!!
Some more work and the Healey will be inside and I can begin the process.
Cheer and thanks for the help,
Dave Duffey
Paradise CA
59 BT7