Re: BJ8 - The first bigger drive first impressions......

To: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: BJ8 - The first bigger drive first impressions......
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:43:02 -0600
Hi Jim,

I just went through the complete gas gage checkout, re-calibration
procedure. Everything was fine on the bench. After installation, the
gage would read too low. It turned out to be an inadequate case ground
on the gage as installed in the dash. Adding a good ground made the gage
read much higher.

BTW - Does anyone know where to get a better sender to tank gasket than
the flimsy one sold by Moss? It appears to be a cork material that gets
soft & squeezes out of the joint under the slightest pressure.
Especially when saturated with Hylomar or other Permatex sealers. I
finally applied GREEN Permatex Wicking thread locker to the whole area &
got it sealed, but there must be a better way. I didn't overtighten the
screws either.

Dave Russell
BN2