Re: License plate, short version

To: "Brian Mix" <brianmix@cox.net>, "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>,
Subject: Re: License plate, short version
From: "Pamela & Joel Holmes" <holmes@mcn.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:33:23 -0700
This in not so.  I recently registered a Morris pickup of mine that had not
been registered for 20 years or more but still had the original "black
plates" on it that matched the title.  I repainted the plates prior to
getting the new sticker and DMV demanded that I bring in the plates for
inspection.  When they confirmed that they were the correct ones and in good
shape they consented to let me keep them and re-register the vehicle.  It
seems that it is up to the descretion of the person at DMV.

Joel Holmes
Northern Calif.

> UNLESS. It has had the plate it's whole life and always been registered
> every year. No no-opps
>
> So ya, they're special.
>
> Brian
>

> At 01:51 PM 8/5/2004, James Lea wrote:
> >What is the significance of a "California black plate" car? People talk
> >about them as if they are somthing special. Thanks, JL
> >
> >James Lea
> >Rockport Maine
> >1962 BT7 II

Check out the new British Cars Forum: