RE: BJ8 carb adjustment

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@pacbell.net>, Healey
Subject: RE: BJ8 carb adjustment
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@randolph.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:26:28 -0600
If the slow running screw is not able to adjust the idle speed below 800 rpm
he probably has an air leak through the throttle shafts or the rubber
gaskets on the slow running screw are worn/leaking/nonexistent, etc.  The
BJ8 carbs use a nylon sleeve to control air flow around the throttle shafts
and these could easily be worn (mine were).  They are not too  hard to
replace and can make a big, big difference.  If they are leaking no amount
of screw turning will do any good to reduce the idle rpm any more.

stever