Re: 'Real' leather seats

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 'Real' leather seats
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:02:07 EST
In a message dated 11/12/2004 2:41:24 AM Central Standard Time, djjob@noos.fr
writes:

> maybe they still use full Connolly hides

Thanks for the information. I will try to pick up a copy of the Dec. issue of
Classic &Sports car. I have been reading about leather tanning on the
internet &one of the references mentioned the "demise of Connolly". Does anyone
know
for sure wheather Connolly is in or out of business? Most references mention
vegetable tanning (I.E. oak bark) mineral tanning (alum &salt) &chrome tanning.
This leads me to think that urine tanning was an older method predating these
three. Just a guess. I still hope to be able to specify the type of leather
that has the "correct" smell.
Gary Hodson
Bonner Springs, KS