Re: Six Cylinder Engine Questions.

To: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Subject: Re: Six Cylinder Engine Questions.
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:36:34 +0800
Graham -

1) I believe that plug is used in the block manufacturing process to
create an oil channel for the engine itself.

2) Priming an oil filter is a pretty simple but messy process.  Simply
fill the cannister with the filter and oil, and then screw on the
mounting elbow and then fit it up to the block as fast as you can
before the oil leaks out.  With some practice you can do this without
spilling that much oil.  Alternatively you can simply just soak the
filter until it is saturated with oil... this will be more or less the
same, but less oil will be retained in the cannister after assembly.

My recommendation to you, however, is to get a spin on adapter and
only use the cannister set up when you are showing the car.  The
cannister is messy, doesn't filter as well, and many modern spin on
filters have check valves to keep oil from draining out of the filter
back into the sump when the engine is off.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8