Re: AAAAAAaRRRrrrrrGggghhhhhHHHHH!

To: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AAAAAAaRRRrrrrrGggghhhhhHHHHH!
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:45:41 -0500
Scott,
This will not slide in more than a couple of inches. It must be pinched in
very carefully.
First trim away a small portion of the T rubber where they meet in the acute
angle at the front, ot it won't go into that angle properly. Now spray a
small amount of silicone spray lube to the T rubber, insert one edge into
the slot and carefully press the opposite side in a bit at a time with a
blunt blade that won't cut into the rubber. I've had good luck with a dulled
1" wide putty knife.
When the entire strip has been installed, you will find excess length at the
top and back edges. Trim these off to suit.
The rubber edge will want to fight the cockpit rail for the first while
until it get's used to the angle required. Install the sidescreens and leave
everything to set for a while and the assembly will get easier to install on
the car as time goes on.
Rich Chrysler