RE: 3000 trans

To: <KingR44916@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 3000 trans
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:13:32 -0800
Personally I enjoy having to be careful shifting into first with no syncho
or rolling and staying in second.  I like the originality of having to place
each shift exactly right.  Yes, it's quirky but it's an integral part of the
experience for me.  The car was described by contemporaries as a "man's man
car" or something to that effect.  You had to drive this car and think about
what you were doing.  I loved the "effort" I had to put into it back in '65
and I love the same thing now.  If I had to, I'd replace with NOS.

OK, that being said, to be honest, I had the Bilstein shocks bolted on
(easily removable) by Udo Putzke and the car handles so much better
primarily on rough roads and potholes.  It still feels the same on straights
and good roads.  I also went for the Petronox (sp?) electronic ignition
system and 72 spoke polished stainless so I'm not exactly a purest. All of
those things could be easily switched back if necessary.
Sincerely,
Ron
67 BJ8
37444

i have a ? for the group. if you were doing your trans over would you put
in
a rebuilt one or go with a smitty conversion.originality not an issue which

one is actually better for the car