Re: Air filter oil

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air filter oil
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:00:20 -0500
Use engine oil, Dick.  WD40 is too thin, and most of it will just evaporate.
Re-oiling the mesh air filters is one of those very messy jobs like dealing
with the original canister oil filters.

I usually place the filters with the outer face down in an oil-drain container
and pour in the oil from the backside.  Then turn it over and pour some in
from the other side.  Turn the filter all around to distribute the oil evenly
into the mesh, then let it drain until you are ready to reinstall it.   I
usually let them drain overnight, at least.

Happy Healeying!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry