Re: BN1 Rear Springs

To: Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: BN1 Rear Springs
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:19:54 -0500
There was also the recent question about the choke cable purchased
from M**s and that fact that it was way too short. I had an experience
where a part was not even close. Their response was to give me a
refund with the suggestion that I throw the part away!! This begs the
question about the quality of parts, in general, from M**s. I have a
problem understanding why someone would manufacture a "reproduction"
that was not correct, and then with the supplier, who claims to be a
supporter of LBC's, who sells them. I realize that through the efforts of
people such as Roger Moment there has been success in having some
correct, quality parts available, but why should some have to do all the
work when the supplier should have done it in the first place. It comes
down
to the fact that you can't have quality at a cheap price, as you get what
you
pay for. Perhaps the concours committee should set standards for repro-
duction parts that would be accepted as original to encourage the
availability
of quality parts. MHO.

Doug
'56 BN2