Re: Raising Front Suspension

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Raising Front Suspension
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:47:28 +1000
Mark

I have thin urethane pads above & below my springs - they make the ride more
pleasant. Steel springs on steel mounts transmit everything. You can use eg
thin urethane pads to adjust spring rates when cornerweighting a car.

I certainly didn't do it to increase ground clearance !!

:)

Talking of increasing ride height - I recently was given - by the original
owner (Richard Steil) of my BJ8 - the original letter he received from the
Donald Healey Motor Company in Feb 1967, signed by Geoff Price, Service
Director - in response to Richard's request to raise the ride height of the
'black & white' car before he drove it overland from London to Sydney.

Have a look at the roads - and have a read of the DHMCo letter
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/london-to-sydney-healey.html

Best

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com