Shipping my Healey from San Francisco to Sydney

To: Austin Healey List <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shipping my Healey from San Francisco to Sydney
From: Rohan Marr <rohanmarr@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:21:10 -0700
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can give me some tips and contacts for shipping
my 100~Six from San Francisco to Sydney Australia.

I am not 100% yet but I want to be ahead of the game and make all the
correct enquiries. I am from Sydney and moved to the States about 6
years ago and have been traveling with my work. It seems it may be
time to return home and this list has been invaluable to me (and I
intend to stay on it). I am guessing I will have boxes and other
things to ship also so that may influence the answers.

This is a 1956 built Longbridge 100~Six registered with Black plates
in California and already Right Hand Drive (so no conversion necessary).

So I know the Aussies just came over here so I am sure my compatriots
will have some advice for me. I have never done this before so
someone may say it is not worth it for all the hassle etc but I vowed
when I bought and am fixing up this Healey I would never sell it, so
we'll see. I'm only 37 so I may have to rethink that if necessary and
finances won't allow.

Thanks in advance.
Rohan.

Rohan Marr