Carb Overflow Pipes

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Overflow Pipes
From: Larry Swift <mgtd51@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:53:21 -0400
My car - a 1959 BT7 - came with stubby overflow pipes with short plastic
tubes attached to them.  According to the concours guidelines, the
Anderson/Moment book, etc., the pipes are supposed to pass through a
hole in the heatshield.  I believe this means that the rear overflow
pipe takes a right angle below the carb, passes in front of the heat
shield and takes another right angel to pass through the hole in the
heatshield.  The front overflow pipe looks like a straight shot down
through the heat shield hole.

Would someone let me know if this is correct, or if not, the proper routing.

Also, how far down the side of the engine should the pipes extend.

Thanks very much,

Larry Swift