Re: Dynamat

To: Doug Newton <dnewton@nappco.com>
Subject: Re: Dynamat
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:01:36 -0600
Hi Doug,

The original jute was not glued down, the floor carpets were not glued
down. The carpets were held with "nearly invisible" ring snaps.
Clearance holes in the jute allow the carpet snaps to engage their
screwed to the floor "other half". I would suggest that you do the same.
Of course, put the floor part of the snaps on top of the Dynamat.

If you are doing vertical areas where the carpet was glued to the
underlying metal, 3M Trim Cement works well. As does 3M Adhesive Cleaner
to remove the residue.

To make the Dynamat less obtrusive in appearance, I painted it all with
the proper body color.

I will send a separate email pic to you.

Dave Russell
BN2