Re: Healey on comeback trail?

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Healey on comeback trail?
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:32:55 -0700
Patton,

That WOULD be exciting. Just think of a brand-new Healey, all fresh and
tight, UNDER WARRANTY, with modern electrical components, modern ventilation
and insulating, a modern suspension (at least at the front) perhaps with a
Nissan V6 and 5-speed? There would be NO need or reason to change the body
at all, except that, made on a modern(ized) line, the panels would probably
fit! I'd opt to come as close as I could to the early Hundreds, with no door
handles, and that great folding windscreen, but with precision hardware and
modern seals.

Outside of Healeys, perhaps my all-time favorite candidate for resurrection
would be the ORIGINAL 289 Cobra, before the drop-dead gorgeous AC bodywork
got raped by the 18" wide tire crowd. 0-60 in what? 6 something, with a top
speed of over 150 on the same gearing, and would still get over 20mpg?

Oh damn, I woke up.

Dick Hosmer
1962 BT7 tri-carb