Re: position of fuel filter

To: Tim Newton <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Subject: Re: position of fuel filter
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:26:01 -0600
Hi Tim,

The filter is probably a very good idea. All things considered, the
filter would do more good if it is installed before the pump. Although
most SU pumps have a coarse intake screen, it will let enough junk
through to interfear with the pump's valve seating. If there "is" much
junk in the tank, a rather large, high capacity filter will plug less
frequently.  I would still carry an on the road spare.

Filters might get you a minor concours deduction, but probably worth it.

In the end, you may end up replacing the tank anyway.

Dave Russell
BN2