RE: smitty

To: <KingR44916@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: smitty
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:17:08 -0500
 I made my Smitty conversion about 1996 and it has been flawless.  I'd
guess you ought to expect to spend about $800 plus the Toyota gearbox by
the time you're done assuming that you turn your own wrenches.  The
cost, of course, goes up if you hire the work out.  I've heard that
there are other conversions popular in the U.K. and Australia but I
personally can't think they would be cost-effective in the States if a
Smitty is still available.  Smitty (a.k.a. Smith Brody) and his lovely
wife Esther like to travel a bit.  Maybe that might explain why he seems
hard to get in touch with...??
Jack