RE: 100M crankcase vent

To: "'Allen C Miller, Jr.'" <acmiller@mhcable.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 100M crankcase vent
From: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:32:56 -0700
Allen,
Is there a baffle over the hole inside the tappet cover? I think I made one
for the 100S. As I remember, the S cover was a 100 cover, but flipped upside
down. Thus the pipe inlet was pretty close to the tappets and my opinion too
close such that liquid could come out. I made a baffle but was never
satisfied with the resultant liquid quantity.
I have some plans for a vapor separator using a Mazda charcoal canister.
There are also separators used in general aviation priced in multiple
hundreds. A simple heater hose and vented plastic catch bottle would be the
standard racer's fix.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8