Fulcrum Pins

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrum Pins
From: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:45:10 -0800
I don't know how asked the question, but here is how I once removes stuck
fulcrum pins.  I bought an appropriate size "coupling nut" (these look like
regular nuts except they are very tall) and mating bolt from the local
hardware store.  If you measure the distance between the pin and the shock
tower, the above pair of nut/bolt can be bought to fit.  Screw the bolt into
the coupling nut and then use a couple of wrenches to force the pin free
levering off the shock tower.  Put the bolt head on the pin and the coupling
nut against the shock tower.  You may want to put an additional stiffening
plate against the shock tower.

Ken Mason
BJ7 in work