RE: Bugeye/US army question--delete if offended please

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bugeye/US army question--delete if offended please
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:55:44 -0800
Hi, Bruce -

I would say that the car (or at least, the front bumper) spent some time at
Pearl Harbor in Hawaii.  The car could have been owned by either a member of
the U.S. Army or possibly by a civilian who worked at an Army facility at
Pearl Harbor, and the sticker would have been a base sticker required to
access the facility.

California is not a state that is helpful for vehicle histories.  The DMV
only has records back for four years for inactive registrations.  I would
suggest that you get in touch with Rick Moses, who keeps the Sprite
registry, to see if he has any record of the car.  I don't have an e-mail
address for him, but his mailing address is given at
http://www.serve.com/AHCA/ahcareg.htm

Good luck!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666