finish questions

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: finish questions
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 11:16:32 -0800
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on finishes for a few parts and finding
conflicting info in the books, photos and not enough info in the
concours guidelines (or I have overlooked it).

For a BJ7:

1. Choke bracket that bolts to the firewall and the block that the
cables fasten to at this location. (some evidence of black on my parts).
2. Bracket that holds the choke cable to motor.
3. Throttle linkage from firewall to carbs (accelerator spindle, lever,
ball housing, control rods, shaft assembly that couples the carbs).
4. Locking plate for brake hose.
5. Guide plate for the bonnet striker pin (the wavy plate).

Cheers,
John