Re: steering question

To: Healey Lista <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering question
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:09:10 +0100
Hi,

I think my answer may have been a little too quick. Seeing the
replies I realize that I was not really concentrated. Mark asked, -
what is an outgoing axle? Well that is Swenglish (a mix between
Swedish and English) for the outgoing shaft in the steering box. I
also didn4t notice that you wrote 1 and 2/3. I read it as 2/3. Now
when I can see clearer I think that the difference between your
revolutions to the left and the right just might be correct. I don4t
remember the exact difference but I recall that there always is one.
Probably due to the design of the worm. On the king pins there are
two small triangular stops on each side located at the bottom. If
both wheels on each side turn to lock on these stops you should be
fine otherwise there might be a problem. Please let me know if that
is the case.

Magnus Karlsson
Sweden