Re: How Many? Good Luck!!!!!!

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How Many? Good Luck!!!!!!
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:44:04 -0600
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: davidwjones
  To: Greg Lemon ; healeys@autox.team.net
  Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:15 PM

  " -I suppose that with so many examples still around, and in various states
of repair / disrepair, members / nonmembers  etc, it maybe is unrealistic of
me to think that the kinds of data I was interested in could exist or even be
compiled."

  Oh I am sure you clould make an estimate based on registry information etc.
we were approaching a time when it might have been pretty easy to pull the
number of currently registered cars by year from State Motor Vehicle databases
(and presumably in other countries as well), but the Federal Privacy Act
kiboshed that in the states, still  race cars not registered and many cars
under long restoration would miss the list.

  It is an intriguing question, but don't know if we will ever have an exact
or near exact answer except perhaps for special production runs such as the
100S.

  Greg Lemon
  54 BN1