Sideshift Transmission

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sideshift Transmission
From: "Ronald J. Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:42:28 -0600
Hi All,

I will be removing my BT7 side shift transmission within the next few weeks
to rebuild it, primary the replacement of synchronizers and bearings.  It's
been close to 35 years since I last had this transmission apart, so my
memory has essentially vanished.  I will be sending the overdrive out for
disassembly, inspection, and any overhauling that may be required.

Any advise, suggestions, hints, or other comments that may ease the process
would be greatly appreciated.  One thing I wish to confirm, is that the
transmission/overdrive unit can be removed by lowering it from underneath
the car.

Thanks,
Ron

name of winmail.dat]