Oil Tempeature Gauge

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Tempeature Gauge
From: "Dennis Broughel" <brougheldp@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:02:10 -0500
Listers;

 I an going to put an oil Temperature Gauge in my Longbridge car. I would
like some input as to which type to purchase, a mechanical or electronic
gauge.

After I have the gauge where do I place either the sensor or the bulb?  If I
use a bulb type do I have to drill a bung in my oil pan and worry about
another low wire on a car with already low ground clearance, or is there
another spot. I know there is a plug in an oil gallery on the left side of
the engine under the exhaust manifold. Would the heat be to much for the
electronics or is there another spot to locate.

I would appreciate any and all info.

Thanks in advance

Dennis Broughel

1957 Bn4