Re: Annaul overdrive snafu

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Annaul overdrive snafu
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:09:47 -0500
 Don, or anybody.   The last time I had to measure  1/5th of something was
????? let me see ????      "never".

 Where is the best place to observe this measurement.  At the gas pedal, the
 carb throttle linkages, the throttle switch lever,
 the carb lever shaft, the butterfly valves?   Where exactly should one be
 looking and measuring  1/5th.

 I have read this over and over in the manual and that measurement always
 baffled me.  Right now I can hear my switch kick in but am not sure of the
 timing that it kicks.  Of course I am doing this with the engine off and
 just pushing down on the gas pedal

 Presently I have no shrouds on, dash is out etc. so I can see everything
 pretty well if some one could tell me where to measure.

 Or as Don suggested,  can the "throttle switch shaft slot" be set to
vertical
 and thats it?   Could it be that simple ladies and gentelmen, please say
its
 true?

 Thank you ,   Mark