Re: California bans dirty emissions - THINK ABOUT THIS

To: insptwo@msn.com
Subject: Re: California bans dirty emissions - THINK ABOUT THIS
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:13:11 +0800
Bill -

A US household of 4 people will:

1) produce approximately 2 tons of municipal garbage in a year (of which ~
35% is recycled, over 50% in Cali),

but this house will also :

2) produce approximately 5 tons of CO2 waste emission from household
electricity use alone!!!

This is because Coal energy represents ~ 50% of the electricity produced in
the US, and each Kilowatt Hour (kWh) of Coal electricity will produce 2 lbs
of CO2 emission.

Do you care more about you electricity bill, or the fact that when you turn
on your TV you are crapping in the air you breathe?

Unlike cars in the US where you don't have much of a choice for
transportation, when it comes to electricity there's no excuse for not doing
everything possible to stop pumping CO2 into the atmosphere.

But then again if you don't have any kids or grand kids, then I can
understand if you don't care.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1