RE: MoMa--Guages Received...

To: "Healey Lista" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MoMa--Guages Received...
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:44:30 -0800
Yes, I did.  When I bought my BJ8, the odometer was stuck on 51,755.  I
opened the case and found that a spring and small lever arm had fallen off.
After I put them back the odometer worked fine (and still does, after 81,000
miles), but I figured if I didn't know the true mileage I might as well
reset it to zero.
That was 23 years ago, so the details of resetting it are a little fuzzy.
But I do remember that the individual wheels of the odometer can be
separated from each other by a thin blade, and then they can be rotated
without affecting the adjacent wheel.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry