Re: [Healeys] Restoring Bakelite

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Restoring Bakelite
From: "Heard Saxon" <heard@datatrontech.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:45:41 -0400
Not sure if this is the same stuff, but way back when, in a former life, I
used to do maintenance on dot matrix printers.  There was a liquid used for
the platens (the rubber roller for the paper) that did the same thing.  It
would remove all ink and put a nice shine on those things.  Made 'em look
very black and very new.  I don't think bakelite is rubber, though.

Can't for the life of me remember what that stuff was called.

Heard