Re: [Healeys] REQUEST FOR ADVICE

To: <michaelgladwin@mac.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] REQUEST FOR ADVICE
From: "Scott J Graham" <scott@scottjgraham.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:36:03 +1000
Mike

I have Udo Putzke's shocks on my BJ7 and was disappointed by a couple of
things.  While they ride well, I was going for handling and in this sense
they have some shortcomings:

-        create rear end congestion but do not come with ability to
integrate with other handling mods in the way the Cape kits do

o        addition of anti tramp rods and upgraded panhard rod required
modifications to the bracket  not impossible  but a hassle

-        they are not adjustable unlike Konis

o        they can be revalved but this is a shocks out job where a supplier
has to do it & you refit and adjust on a trial by error basis

I would talk to Denis Welch and Cape and see if their kits avoid these
shortcomings.

Scott

7:09 PM