Re: [Healeys] Windshield Wiper Repair

To: <price@advocateadvisors.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Windshield Wiper Repair
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:27:15 -0400
Hi Price, because there is a tubular spacer on the wheelbox body between the
wheelbox gear housing and the lower side of the shroud there is nothing that
you can do to grip the wheelbox while you turn the nut.
I would recommend that you acquire some replacement nuts.....for the
wheelbox..... then cut the seized ones off. Make sure that you have the
correct ones before you do as many suppliers will send a different size
which do not fit.
To cut the nuts off I would suggest that you used the old "Abdul camel
trick".
Have someone press the head of a club hammer against one side of the nut
then using a sharp cold chisel and another hammer cut the opposite side of
the nut. Once split in this way the nut will unscrew easily.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)